BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sweet Child

In the sea of faces
How can I choose just one?
Hopeful eyes and eager hearts
Beautiful child
Who has been broken down
Yet, smiles through the pain
I wait for our souls to connect
I look for the face that is as familiar to me
as my own
I wonder
Where you are
and who is holding you tonight
Are you warm?
And safe?
Can you feel me out here?
Praying for you
Calling you home

Waiting child
You feel as though we will never come
And the hours turn to days
As we desperately search for you
We dream of who you are
And what you will become
We wonder how the pieces will all
Fit together
Joining us
From two seperate worlds
In this new place
We call FAMILY
Your heart already
So deeply intertwined
With ours
Leading us to you
By fate
Destiny

Our child
Keep hope
And faith
Alive
By grace
We will find you
Bring you home
With love
We will keep you here
Give you roots
And when the day comes
Stand back
To watch you soar

"Come home, sweet child" I whisper tonight
A star shines bright
With the promise of tomorrow
A new day
A new chance

0 comments: