BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 9, 2009

The moon hung low in the sky
Like a balloon sailing into the unknown
Full, round, as though it might burst
I danced beneath, swaying to the instinctive rhythm within me
My shadows casting eerie glows
Darting, then peering out to take another glance
And suddenly she appeared
Silent, still
The hush of the night embraced me
Lending an ear to listen
A shoulder to cry on
The moon dipped low behind the clouds
Then vanished
Taking her into the mystery of night's end
As the rising sun unleashed the journey of tomorrow

1 comments:

Michelle said...

You are "new" to blogging; welcome. You came over to Close to the Root and left a comment on my blog; thank you! I like your work here; is this your original poetry? It's lovely and very well done! I am greatly devoted to poetry and truly in awe of those who can move their experience into such a beautiful space! I hope you'll tell us all "more about you" !